Friday, March 5, 2010

Healthypages Double Standards

Wow! Now this one took me by surprise.

I got a notification from Healthypages, ("New Private Message at Healthypages", Friday, 5 March 2010 2:59:29 AM), a forum I recently joined to discuss the advertorial practices that took place there, concerning the Highgate Case. Here's the e-mail:
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!
***************************

Dear Anthony Hogg,

You have received a new private message at Healthypages from Infractor, entitled "You have received an infraction at Healthypages".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
http://www.healthypages.co.uk/forum/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
***************
Dear Anthony Hogg,

You have received an infraction at Healthypages.

Reason: Ban User for Good
-------

-------

This infraction is worth 100 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
Healthypages
***************

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:
http://www.healthypages.co.uk/forum/private.php

All the best,
Healthypages
I signed in to check what this private message was, and it was a doozy alright:


The severe (double standard) actions taken by Healthypages are quite a contrast to the blatant advertorial practices by Barbara Green over at the Arcadia forum.

I mean, essentially, they banned me for posting a thread in which I linked to one of my blog entries, showing that certain Highgate "investigators" had used one of their threads for advertorial practices. The thread was allowed, but my exposure of it wasn't? What the hell?

For the curious, here's the offending blog entry I posted.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails