Sunday, February 1, 2009

Vampires Drain David Dry

Poor David.

The author of Beyond the Highgate Vampire (1991; 1992; 1997), The Vampyre Syndrome (2000) and interview subject of Return of the Vampire Hunter (2003), among others, has had it with vampires!

He expresses his frustration with the subject in his latest blog entry, "That's All I Really Have to Say":
I have said it before, and I’ll say it again: This Blog is not intended to be about ridiculous fanciful ‘vampires’; although I have said it is OK to discuss ‘ghost cases’ here and the paranormal here if anybody wants to. But NOT talk about bloody stupid vampires or their so-called ‘creators’!
Amusingly, the following screencap reveals the name of his previous blog entry. Serendipity?:



Of course, that doesn't stop things like this ("Talk Went Well"):
Anyway, it was well received. Almost an empathy between the audience and myself. It was only in a religious Community hall but there were quite a few people there. I only ‘skimped over’ matters relating to vampires. How can you talk about things that you know don’t even exist – although I am expected to do so, so often. And I said so!
And this ("The Film Was On..."):
The film was on the whole history of the Highgate/Muswell Hill areas and, perhaps needless to say, my part involved talking about the so-called Highgate vampire.
And so forth.

Yep, the same guy (who also happens to be the President of the Highgate Vampire Society) who's also been quoted as saying, "The sighting of a tall, black figure in April on Swains Lane makes me think the vampire is active again." has had enough!

Ah well. I guess it's best to let him use his blog to get back to the more important stuff. Like, uh, well, like this ("To Return to the Boring Stuff"):
I went up to the town centre yesterday (not far away) and on the way back, I passed a house that had just been cleared out. There was a perfect piece of wood by the skip, and I thought it would be just right to replace the one I have been using as a ‘coffee table’. Problem was, it was very, very heavy. So heavy, in fact, I had to keep resting down the road in order to carry it. When I could, I kept resting it on a wall to take the weight, then carry on some minutes later.
Exciting!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails